We are busily preparing for the big once-a-year event that lasts nearly two months. It’s Boomer’s Drive-In Anniversary Event and it starts January 7th and continues to the end of February. It has been endearingly dubbed ‘Boomuary’ by some customers.
During the sale, all burgers on the menu are only $3.19.
In case you are not familiar with just how popular the sale is, here are some interesting statistics from past sales:
- If you laid all the hamburger patties sold end to end, the line would stretch for just short of 9 miles
- A stack of the hamburger buns sold would reach 17,746 feet high, about 3.35 miles high
- Cases of the waffle fries sold laid out next to each other would stretch across over 3 football fields
- A chain of the onion rings sold would reach nearly 3 miles
- Carhops hand-scooped enough hard ice cream for milkshakes to fill a large backyard swimming pool … one scoop at a time
As you probably can imagine, it is a busy time at Boomer’s Drive-In and sometimes the wait to order and to pick up can get long.
Here are some ways to minimize your wait during the sale.
- Avoid ordering during the extra busy lunch and dinner times.
- Call your order in. Every since we first opened our doors, our motto has been “CALL IT IN – PICK IT UP! 647-BOOM (360-647-2666).
- Place your order online and prepay. This can be done via our website or our smartphone apps available for downloading from Android Apps on Google Play and the iOS App Store.
Another good idea is to carpool. Invite all your friends to come in one car to make parking easier for everyone.